Main Forum

Concerns about resets

7 replies
Fessenden RMaster
Votes:
+1
Master
Hey guys, especially admins.

Recently we've gone through a big reset, which I understand was meant to refresh the server and make things more interesting for those of us who've made great progress.

That said, as someone who isn't among that group, I'm more than a little frustrated to know that my base is gone, and so are all my items. Despite my contributions to the server in both time and money, I start the survival server now with little to show for it except the ability to fly.

While I certainly enjoy shaking up anthills myself, and a big part of the fun of Minecraft is in creating things, it's also nice to have them persist. I'm tentative to rejoin the server with any gusto because I know that before long, we're liable to reset again, and I will have no choice but to accept it.

I'd really love to have old servers moved to an inactive place, or a backup file provided for people to restore their creations in private or on other servers, or some way of giving us a way to hold on to our fond memories of previous constructions.

I know resets are important, especially for those who play a great deal, but being able to build something that we can show off to new players in a year or two is important to me, and I think at least a couple other folks on the server.

Is there any recourse to keep both those who want to rebuild and those who want to preserve happy?
Posted Aug 17, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Chipz4Sale RLegend
Votes:
Legend
I Agree. I would really like to keep my previous bases from past worlds and continue those because it is very fun to start new things but also to continue others.
Posted Aug 18, 17
Votes:
+14
Untagged users
I mean personally, when I first joined this server in 2014, it was really fun with the towny and meeting everyone for the first time. I sorta wanted to be a helper, as I was still waiting to be 15 and apply, but nowadays with all the resets, the server isn't becoming as fun as it used to be as everyone is already expecting another reset as soon as a new version of minecraft comes out.
It would be really helpful if we could access our previous bases and continue to improve on them and in my case, finish them in our own worlds.
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Posted Sep 6, 17
WilbertoTan RLegend
Votes:
Legend
The worlds are not gonna be avaible for players. They are Xenolux own. We understand your frustration.
Posted Sep 7, 17
MinaKittaw RElite
Votes:
+6
Elite
I'm just going to copy-paste a comment I made elsewhere, as it's pertinent to the topic at hand.
Quote:
To be honest, it was the previous resets that kind of stunted my interest in Xenoflux. I tend towards big projects and inconsistent game time, so when I log in after a server reset (which I've invariably missed the 'move your items' deadline for), it's super disheartening for me to have to start over or start something new. I'm never feeling like I can build something that lasts, and not being able to have that just makes the game unappealing, in spite of enjoying the social aspects of playing on a server.

So yeah.
Posted Sep 9, 17 · Last edited Sep 9, 17 by MinaKittaw
Fessenden RMaster
Votes:
+1
Master
Okay, then what about my other suggestion? An older server we can log in to, so we don't have to move to new versions if we're attached to what we have?
Because otherwise what I'm hearing is that I've spent time and money on something that has disappeared out from under me with no recourse at all, and that that is the intended future outcome as well. And if that's the case, I think I'll just go play some Starbound.
Posted Sep 9, 17 · OP
motherchar Management
Votes:
+28
Admins
Community Management
Vip
I get your point, but at the time I contemplated on the reset there were no players on the server at all. Therefore the options I could see was either to close the server or reset the world. So the obvious option was to reset, and so I did, which resulted in players returning to the server and playing again.

I completely understand your frustrations, but all in all I need to provide something for players to continuously remain interested in the server and by that we are sometimes resetting the worlds.

I will unfortunately not copy buildings over to new worlds.
Posted Sep 12, 17
Votes:
+14
Untagged users
Looks like i'm not coming back anytime soon then.
I don't have time for rebuilding all the time, and its frustrating to check up once a month and see that everything's gone.
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Posted Sep 15, 17
NoticeNotices